Saturday 3 January 2009

Sorting out and tidying up

This is to remind me of the struggle it has been to get myself sorted, and to remind me that if I ever tell someone, just start keeping track of your money, that this is a difficult and stressful process.

Being tidy, keeping accounts is about changing your identity - there is no easy way. It involves a different mindset, and if a financial genius or organiser tells you different, they are lying. Untidiness is the enemy of civilisation!!

I have just started to get my accounts in order and to keep track of my spending and my first reaction is to write a blog post about how hard it is!

Being comfortable with my filing systems. I have recently discovered Guildhall slip files (google them ;-) . These are card A4 pockets that are better than plastic folders, because they do not slip all over the place, you can write on the covers and they are made of light cardboard, so that they do not flop about.

In addition, I use hanging folders for storage and my brother has got me using ring binders for statements etc

You have to feel comfortable with the stuff you are using ;-)

Copyright Dr Liz Miller 2008

No comments: